Image Map

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Jonathan and Jackie - Our Story

Jonathan and I met when we were introduced by friends at a party at Virginia Tech (thanks Kristin and Nicole). After being introduced we had many conversations on AIM (it was 2006), through text messages, and on the phone before we began traveling back and forth from James Madison to Virginia Tech to visit each other.
 


 
 
In December 2007 I graduated from Virginia Tech and moved out to California. Over the next year Jonathan and I stayed in touch but saw each other only once when Jonathan made the trip down to Hilton Head for his first Haemmerle Family Vacation (July 2008). As Jonathan's graduation from JMU approached a 2 week vacation was planned - I would spend 1 week in Virginia to celebrate Jonathan's graduation (meeting his family for the first time) and then we would travel to Hilton Head for another Haemmerle Family Vacation. On July 10, 2009 after my first experience riding "the bus" to a Toby Keith concert we "officially" became boyfriend and girlfriend.
 

 
 
From July 2009 - May 2012 we experienced a lot together - I lived in California and Jonathan lived in Virginia. I was offered a job in Florida while Jonathan was visiting me! After moving to Florida and working there for almost a year Jonathan found out he was moving to Savannah. I couldn't have been happier as I knew I could find a place to work in Hilton Head. We lived in an apartment for about 4 months before moving into our first home in April 2011. It was great to finally live in the same place for the first time ever.



 
 
Jonathan asked me to marry him on May 2, 2012. While we had discussed getting married, I did not imagine that we would get engaged on this day. Jonathan asked me to come to Savannah to hang out with him for the day since I was off of work. He told me that he had to meet a photographer to take pictures of a ship for work, and I agreed to meet him. The ship was delayed throughout the day, and at one point I wanted to go home. Jonathan convinced me to stay and wait for the ship to undock, and I am so glad that I did. The photographer that Jonathan hired to take pictures for work, was actually there to photograph our engagement. As the Star Florida undocked and headed down the Savannah River, there was a giant banner that read “Jackie, Will You Marry Me?” I was shocked as I read the sign, and turned to see Jonathan down on one knee.  Our engagement was in the Savannah Morning News and you can read about it here.
 
 
 

 

 

Five years after Jonathan's first Haemmerle Family Vacation - our wedding marked the first day of our lives together as a married couple and the first day of family vacation 2013.

 photo jackie-sig_zpsbcf6d87e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment